Friday, November 20, 2009

just let me eat you!!

do you ever feel like some unknown force is trying to keep you from doing something?

i do.
like just a minute ago.

after halloween, my boss brought in the pounds of extra candy that she was left with after the last of the trick-or-treaters had gone. most of this i left in the kitchen on the 3rd floor [it was gone in a day] but i horded just a wee bit of it for myself: the haribo mini gummy bears. i brought most of them home to hermitage, but i kept a few hidden on my desk for when i was having an afternoon craving or felt like i needed to reward myself after getting through another busy day. today after my walk i thought i should treat myself to something sweet and gummy [it was a long walk!]. i went over to the spot on my desk in between the cd cases and the organizational paper basket and i reached for the last bag of bears. these guys have gotten me through a lot over the last couple of weeks, and i was sad to be finished with them. i reluctantly began to tear open the 2 in. x 2 in. plastic bag.
it wouldn't open.
i tried from the other side. it still wouldn't open.
i tried from the middle, i tried twisting my hands in the opposite direction, but this bag would. not. open.
so finally i tried opening it like a bag of chips.
and this is what happened.

No comments: