Monday, November 30, 2009

monday morning

i am in such a good mood this morning that i did not flinch once when a man almost killed me with his death stare and road rage this morning.

apparently it was my fault. but i didn't see it that way. and i didn't even get angry when he thought otherwise. let me lay out the chain of events for you.

i was driving south on western and was stopped at a red light waiting to make a right onto melrose. there are three lanes going west on melrose at this point, with the 3rd lane only a 'sometimes' lane, as after 9am it can be used for street parking. anyway. i saw that the 3rd lane was open, and that a tractor trailer driving west was turning right at the light, leaving me a bit of a window to turn right on red.
following so far?
so i turn right on red and hear honking and when i look in my rear view mirror there is a pick up ON MY ASS. i have no idea where it came from, but deduced that it was either behind the tractor trailer and passed it in the middle of the intersection, or it was in the 2nd lane and moved to the 3rd lane in the middle of the intersection. because it certainly was not in front of the tractor trailer to begin with, otherwise why would i ever have pulled out?
anyway. so this truck beeped at me, and then it passed me on the left and then tried to get back in front of me, but instead of just proceeding to go in front of me, he deliberately slowed down and pretty much almost made me hit him. so i hit my brakes so i WOULDN'T hit him, and now he is in front of me. then i saw a parked car coming up in our lane, so i turn signaled and started to go over to the left lane. he did the same at the very last minute, just staying on the line between our two lanes so that i couldn't really do anything. all the while he was on his brakes, swerving in between the two lanes so i couldn't pass him, and giving me a nasty nasty look in his side mirror, shaking his head. finally he moved left, so do i, and then i passed him on the right, not making any effort to glance his way or make any sort of gesture. normally i would return his kindness by staying right on HIS ass and making a big scene with horns and ugly faces. but this event honestly did not phase me one bit. i didn't get that feeling in my stomach that i usually get when i am in traffic and want to scream at everyone at the top of my lungs. i didn't feel a single urge to rear end him [what do i care? my car's a tank].
anyway.
screw you, mr. truck, if you feel the need to be an asshole on the road.
because frankly, i. don't. care!

No comments: