Monday, November 9, 2009

"and i've done all i can...now i'm starting to see maybe it's got nothing to do with me"...barf.

i just decided in this moment to start an ongoing post about people who use song lyrics as a means to express their feelings in their facebook status updates.

it KILLS me when people do this.
see a movie or a tv show with a funny quote? cool.
politician say something stupid that you want everyone else to see? cool.
got some rad song lyrics you just wanna share with the world? ok, cool.
you're feeling lonely, sad, angry, in love, confused, etc etc and instead of your own words you decide that john mayer can say it better? AHHHHH!!!!

so here is where those updates shall lay to rest.

[i suppose for the sake of us all, i shall spare you the names of the facebook users who have sinned]

here we go.

"Your voice was the soundtrack to my summer..Do you know you're unlike any other? You're eyes are the brightest of all the colors, I dont wanna ever love another, ull always be my thunder. Strike me down with lightning, let me feel you in my veins, I wanna let you know how much I feel you're pain.......... [Boys Like Girls "Thunder"]

"Your face is scarred with age. You'er 23, how could that be?" [Stars "Going, Going, Gone"]

"And we won't be breathing in that same sun again None of this will ever surface again How we get older, how we forget about each other" [Converge "The Saddest Day"]

"cuz theres no tomorrow. just a picture perfect day that lasts a whole lifetime." [Jay Z "Young Forever"]

"let's take our time. i just want to look into your eyes and catch my breath...i've got that feeling" [Darius Rucker, "History in the Making"]


2 comments:

K said...

was the last one sinned by keriann?

jessica said...

HAHA no. i'll keep an eye out for hers. and you will know.