Thursday, October 1, 2009

october!

happy october!!
i am thrilled [i don't know why?] that it is october. perhaps because it is that much closer to my favorite holidays [thanksgiving and christmas]. perhaps because that means i get to see snow soon. perhaps because i get to see my red hook friends soon. the phrase "perhaps because" is starting to sound wrong. is it?
anyway.
it is october 1st. and even here in la, there is the tiniest "bite" in the weather. that is amazing. i don't remember when it started feeling like fall last year. certainly not this early. i saw some red leaves on the ground yesterday and i smiled real big. the weather has been appropriate enough for sweaters in the evening and for windows [not a/c] at night. i wore shorts to work yesterday and had to put the heat on. i didn't sweat through my clothes during lunch outside. and when i wake up in the morning i feel like i'm waking up in saratoga.
this is amazing!!!


sigh. i want to go to there.

1 comment:

Lizzibella said...

It's still hot as eff here in Korea during the day, but last night was the first night that I didn't have to use my air conditioner and it was BEAUTIFUL! I slept like a baby. It's Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving) today and I'm hoping to see lots of wee ones running around in their Hanbok! (Traditional Korean clothes!)

I miss you girlie. Your blog made me homesick a little. Those leaves!!! They'll be changing soon here and I know that will only make me cry a little bit.