Tuesday, October 6, 2009

i was there, i swear

so by now you've probably heard about david bergman's crazy zoom-in-5million-times inauguration photo. and 'by now' i mean 6 months ago. but i was just reading through old blogs and came across my tales from inauguration and was reminded of this photo.
and of how i'm NOT IN IT.
ok. i kind of am.
but see, this is what happened.

at the exact moment that david bergman snapped one of his 220 photos [the one in my direction], i was looking away, and matt blocked me.
see for yourself.



see right smack dab in the middle of the photo, in the upper left-hand corner of the bush, there is a man with a blue winter hat on [that i made]. that is matt. the white dot above his head? that is the pom pom on the top of my hat. i could smack myself for this. why wasn't i engaged at this moment? what was SO important that i just had to turn around at the exact moment that my blurred face should have been immortalized in this amazing documentation?? ugh.

anyway. i really was there. the pom pom proves it.

click here for the complete story of this camera nerd's most famous photo.

No comments: