Monday, January 5, 2009

seriously?

the other night i went to cj's pizza in rhinebeck with matt, my family, and our neighbors, the fishers. i didn't bring my wallet or my id because a. i wouldn't be paying and b. i never get id'd when i'm with the rents.

we sit down and matt and i order beers, no problem.
our beers are delivered to our table, no problem.
i even take some sips of my beer. no problem.

problem.
a new waitress beelines it to our table, her presence directed towards myself and matt.
"excuse me, can i just see some ID?"
matt takes his out.
i can't.
"uhh.." :fumbling awkwardly in pockets: "i don't think i have mine on me..."
"alright, well i really need some id."
"alright, well i don't have mine. so i guess you'll just have to take this beer away from me." [i didn't think she actually would.]
:takes beer and walks away:
"........." everyone at the table is silent for a moment while we process what just happened, except for my brother who shouts out, "oh my GOD, she's 23 years OLD."

i didn't know they were allowed to take a drink away from you after you've already begun consuming it. if i had known what was going to happen immediately after i suggested to the waitress that she steal my beer back, i would have chugged my beverage, at my dad's suggestion.

after my dad went and talked to the manager [my family is much better about sticking up for me than i am for myself], who still denied me my already-sipped-from beer, we settled down a bit and i angrily sipped my water. matt suggested i steal something from the restaurant. i went into the bathroom to look for some loot, only to find that there is nothing in there. not even a lousy vase.
last time i ever eat at you, cj's.

1 comment:

K said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA