Wednesday, April 14, 2010

JMT

every time i go hiking in the sierras, i can't imagine hiking for more than the few days that we do.

every time i look at this book,

all i want to do is skip town and hike the 212 miles from yosemite to mt. whitney.

i'm not sure which feelings are more real.
probably the ones that are telling me i don't want to do it, since they occur when i am actually out in the wilderness and not lying in bed skimming through a book about said wilderness.

though, in actuality, it's not that i don't want to do it while i'm up in the mountains, it's that my body is telling me that i physically cannot handle it.

so. i really DO want to do it, mentally. all the time. i just need to make my body want to do it, too. [oy. my self is confusing.]

preparing my body will take some [read: a lot of] time.

in the meantime, i am going to enjoy my lunch outside and read this book.
again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

andy and i are going to glacier national park for a week.
i'm sort of terrified.

jessica said...

oooh, montana!
i've never been, but you will have a fantastic time!!

national parks are usually designed for both the people that feel the need to be out in the wilderness on their own, but also for the bumps on a log tourist families who want to drive from one site to the next.

so whichever you choose, you'll be fine :)

take lots of pictures!!