Wednesday, March 11, 2009

stop staring at me.

every once in awhile, this young man and i get off at the same subway stop in the mornings. perhaps we both use this stop every day, but it is only once in awhile that i see him and that we will end up in the same configuration as we did today: him in front of me on the UP escalator.

sometimes i will walk quickly by him and go on my way, but today i am wearing leggings, and i feared that i would only be doing him a favor by putting my ass in view [not bragging about my butt..but let's face it, man's gonna stare.]. now, the reason i normally try to speed past this guy is because he STARES AT ME ALL THE TIME. and i'm not talking zoning out in such a way that it seems he is staring at me. this man, hunched over with his hood up, repeatedly, rePEATedly will turn around on the escalator and look at me. i've made eye contact with him, and there is nobody behind me, ever, so i know that those eyes are for me. it is SO. GODDAMN. CREEPY. today i found him walking up the escalator until he saw me behind him, then he stopped. so i stopped. and he turned around at least 5 times. this escalator is not large. i tried to make my best 'what the FUCK are you doing, turn around and stop staring at me' face. it didn't work. he got off the escalator, made sure to turn around once more, and went on his way. when i arrived at the top, i found him rounding the corner at a sprint. he was running so fast that i didn't see him again. this was all fine and dandy, 'cept then i was afraid he was hiding in a corner somewhere waiting for me to pass so he could follow me and keep staring.
so i kept looking behind me.
...it's that kinda sitch.

anyway, a lesson to all you fuckin creepers out there..

STOP STARING. JUST STOP IT! YOU ARE CREEPY!

No comments: