Wednesday, June 2, 2010

mozart

so then i was sitting there, watching these clarinet videos on youtube when i thought to myself, WHY am i watching videos when I could just be playing clarinet??

so that's what i did.

i went to the petrucci online library, downloaded the sheet music to my favorite clarinet concerto, went upstairs, put together my horn, and sat down to play. considering i was half a bottle of wine in, i thought i played remarkably well. but you can ask danny. because we video chatted. and i played him some mozart.

i also bought a box of reeds off of amazon. i had just gotten a new credit card that afternoon and apparently the activation hadn't gone through [thanks to the multitude of 'i'm sorry, we are having difficulty processing your order' emails i recieved]. so now, 3/4 of a bottle of wine in, at midnight, i had to call my credit card company and try [really try] to explain to them what was happening. i must have been coherent enough, because they fixed their mistake and sent me on my way.

i internally pump fisted, as i was pretty stoked to know that 10 brand new reeds were now on their way to my doorstep. then i kept playing. i only played this one piece. over, and over, and over again.
i'd like to play my clarinet intoxicated more often. this enables me to not care what other people may think, be it the neighbors i share a wall with [sorry. i hope i didn't wake you], or danny via gchat.

i finally finished playing after what seemed like hours [it wasn't]. i stumbled to the bathroom, left the unfinished bottle on the counter sink for matt to find when he came home from work at 2:30am, brushed my teeth [i think], and fell into bed.

probably the best part about last evening was that it was a big secret with myself. and i had SO MUCH FUN. i was giddy and giggly and enjoying the hell out of that instrument of mine. and no one knew what i was doing. no one was around to interrupt me, or to tell me to quiet down, or suggest that drinking a bottle of wine maybe wasn't such a great idea for a tuesday night. tim was sleeping. matt was at work. and chris was out. it was just me, being stupid and silly and, might i add, quite musical.

1 comment:

Lizzibella said...

I played a LOT of intoxicated clarinet in college. It's my most missed memory.